Turned the corner

Looks like Russell’s going to live.  He actually ate yesterday, and didn’t throw up at all.  He did start whining about his tummy hurting around 5 or so, and went upstairs to lay down.  It dawned on me about a half hour later that he hadn’t come back down, so I went to check on him and he was asleep.  I hadn’t had him take a nap that day since after I got his brothers off to school, he and I went and laid down in my bed and we both passed out until about 10:30 or so.  I guess he was still tired.  I was trying to decide how late to let him sleep.  I didn’t want to wake him up since he’s been sick, but on the other hand, I sure didn’t want him sleeping until 10 and waking up then and not being tired to go back to sleep.  I finally decided to just let him sleep.  He woke up at about 8, had a little applesauce and ginger ale for supper, wound up several balls with my ball winder, and I tucked him back in at 9 and he went right to sleep.  Got up this morning a little after 7 and felt great.  Even wanted oatmeal for breakfast.  I think he’s finally over this stupid thing.

Today, he’ll rest, in between errands.  We’re out of milk, and I lost my driver’s license!  So, we’ll have to go there and get it replaced.  And after that I think I may need a small yarn fix.  That glow in the dark yarn is on sale at Michaels, and I’ve been dying to try it out.  Perhaps today I can finally get to the post office too, to mail off that stuff I was going to mail off last week but didn’t because it kept raining.

On the knitting front, not much is going on there.  I think I did a few rows on the slippers for Dulcie last night while vege-ing, but that’s about it.  She sent my up a silk yarn too, for a hat/scarf combo that looks very interesting.  I’m trying to wait on that until I at least finish a few other wip’s.  I did though, get that sock yarn all separated out for David’s socks.  The gauge I got was 9 1/2 st to the inch, which seems to be really tiny.  The gauge on the band said 7 st to the inch with a size 1, which was what I used.  I’m going to try to re-do his horcrux socks, since he wore a hole in the first pair.  And then grew too fast for the second pair to fit him.  But that second pair didn’t even get done, so that’s ok.  If not, then they may just be plain ribbed socks.  We’ll see.

Had our first frost this morning.  Very brisk outside.  I think I’m going for a walk before Steve leaves for work.


4 Responses to “Turned the corner”

  1. 1 Meredith October 28, 2008 at 9:38 am

    9 1/2 stitches to the inch doesn’t seem so tiny to me, but then, I generally knit socks at 9 stitches to the inch.

    I’m glad to hear that Russell’s feeling better, and good luck with the errands. Do let us know how the glow-in-the-dark yarn works out. 🙂

  2. 2 Jami October 28, 2008 at 11:52 am

    Bless his little heart. Winding balls even in sickness! Hurry to Michaels. The glow in the dark was slim pickin’s on Sunday.

  3. 3 silfert October 29, 2008 at 9:15 pm

    Hooray for feeling better! Peppermint is usually kind to upset tummies…

  4. 4 Fran October 31, 2008 at 10:04 pm

    Glad to hear Russel’s doing better!

    The Michael’s here has the same yarn sale as well! I picked some up but colours were definitely limited here as well. I haven’t tried knitting with it yet but I had to test it’s “glowability”. It does a fantastic job of glowing in the dark! I’m so impressed. What I’m going to do with it – I’ll save it for a blog; you’ll have to wait and see.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s


October 2008
« Sep   Nov »
Need a Snow Day?



%d bloggers like this: