1. After noticing that mis-crossed cable waaaaaaaaaay down at the top of the heel on the wavy socks, and after I put them in time out for about a week, I finally decided that I could not live with it that way, fair or no fair, and I frogged it all the way back.
2. After frogging, I actually got the stitches all back on the needles on the correct row, except for about 2 of them which I caught, and not only that, it was a cable row, and those of you who knit probably know how challenging that is.
3. It only took me 2 evenings to knit it back up to where it was when I discovered the oops.
4. I now only have 1 more pattern repeat, I think, and then I’ll start on the ribbing, and then I can do the second sock.
5. I thought I saw hummingbirds the other night.
6. As though that wasn’t cool enough, I decided the next evening to bring the camera out and wait for them so I could get some pictures.
7. I did. Hubby mentioned to me that I may want to use the other camera setting, and upon seeing my confusion, came out and took over the photography duties.
8. He got some great shots (I know, that’s technically not a reason I rock, but since he’s my hubby, I’m claiming it.).
9. Upon reviewing the shots, I noticed that the hummingbirds looked rather brown. I remarked that I thought they’d be more colorful. Then argued with myself about why they’d not be more colorful (perhaps they’re babies, or female), and had pretty much talked myself back into thinking they were hummingbirds again.
10. Until I noticed in one shot it looked an awful lot like the bird had 2 sets of wings.
11. The google-fu – I has it.
11a. Googled hummingbird – that’s not quite what I saw outside.
11b. Googled locust – got some grasshopper-looking thing, also not it.
11c. Googled flying locust – got some creepy grasshopper looking thing with wings, still not it.
11d. Thought and thought and thought (“It looked rather like a moth, but looked like a hummingbird, hmmmm) and then googled “moth that looks like a hummingbird.
12. Remember back up there at #5, when I said I thought I saw hummingbirds? I did not. I did, however, see what’s apparently a bit rare, a hummingbird moth. Ours looked like the one on the far right, with the stripey body part.
13. I also finished sewing up a flannel robe for oldest son, who does not want a bathrobe with some sort of sports team all over it. I picked out the pattern, he chose blue and green flannel, and it’s hanging up to dry right now.
14. I also replaced the broken plug on our 19+ year old Kenmore vacuum cleaner. It now works, and most likely will continue to do so for another 19 years or so.
For the above reasons, and more, I hereby swear the next time I buy yarn, I will not feel guilty.
At least not as much as normal.